What we are working on.
1. In KCCNA convention Registration Admin, Add payment, Print receipt, upload family picture, add/update arrival/departure etc features.
2. Develop a fund rasing features for organizations in iamakna.
3. Enhance News, obituary, article etc publishing.
>December 31st, 2017.
1. Developed a Subsites for KCCNA Convention.
2. Added report level access control to subsites.
3. Added role adding feature to Web Admin.
4. Fixed facebook sharing issue.
August 10th, 2017.
1. Added comment writing feature to News, Obituary, Article etc.
2. Added two more reports to KCADFW for deposits and receivable.
3. Fixed some bugs with family ancestry and organization directory.
July 15th, 2017.
1. Added deposit management screens for an organization.
2. Add more reports to KCADFW to conduct Cultural competitons easier.
May 29th, 2017.
1. Added Knanaya community document archive in the website.
3. Added more reports to organization KCADFW to help with membership drive.
4. Added more option to an organization to send text messages.
May 11th, 2017.
1. Modifed family inforation entry screens to make it easier. Added search feature for finding father and mother if they are in a different family
2. Added icon to share the news, obituary etc in Facebook, Twiter etc.
3. Modified 'contact us' page to send email directly from the website to report issues or as questions.
April 15th, 2017.
1. Organization master ID can assign different responsibility to each organization Admin
2. Organization admin can approve website registration if that person live in the territory of that organization.
3. Modified registration to capture family faith and address as part of registration
4. Implemented google invisible reCAPTCHA feature in registration, email verify and password reset
5. Added help to registration fields
March 3rd, 2017.
1. Added feature to receive PayaPal card reader and email payments. Now organization can assign such payment to a member
2. Added Text message feature to an organization. Now organization can send text message to its members
January 15th, 2017.
1. Added paging to webpage that list lot of data
2. Added auto fill/type ahead to family/people search webpage
September 28th, 2016.
1. Created an option to create different home page for each organization
2. Upgraded all the underlaying software to new versions.
3. Strealine the front end display to load the webpage faster.
4. Added auto fill/Type ahead feature to registration page.
August 30th, 2016.
1. Added Magazine, Blogs and Newsletter to home page
2. Added two banner Ad in the home page
3. Streamlined PayPal and Added refund to the payment
4. Added unsubscribe option to update and obituary emails. Now people can unsubscribe if they do not wish to get these emails
July 23rd, 2016.
1. Now registered user can print their yearend donation/payment receipt for tax purpose.
2. Part of Website redesign is completed.
May 25th, 2016.
1. Added menu called members to organization menu to list organization’s affiliated members , voting members, patron members etc. This menu's access will be limited to affiliated members only in the future.
2. Made several enhancement to load the website much faster.
3. Modified to show the pop ad only after 1 hour instead of 30 minutes
4. Added membership management feature to an organization. This will allow organization Admin to manage the paid membership
April 15th, 2016.
1. Modified the registration, login, forgot password screens to make it more user friendly
March 15th, 2016.
1. Added person's ancestry up from Matrimonial. With this, person can see candidate's father, mother, sibling. Then their father mother, sibling until there is no data available.
3. In Matrmonial, added option to record like. Also can unpublish a matrimonial if the candidate is married. Now person who put the matrimonial can see statistics like which other this matrimonial, how many time the matrimonial was found in the search etc.
2. Added advertisement managment screens. This will allows us to put Ad in the website to generate money to sustain this site.
February 19th, 2016.
1. Added Matrimonial feature to the website. Now a registered user can publish one or more matrimonial in this site. It is integrated with family ancestry, so his/her Knanaya ancestry can be seen.
January 29th, 2016.
1. Modified registration to make it easier. Now you can select the place name in Kerala to shorten the family name list.
2. Added place in Kerala in the family adding screen to shorten the family name list.
3. Added ‘Transfer to Me’ to family list screen. Now person can transfer a family to his/her registration with single click if his/her family data is owned by another registration.
January 15th , 2016.
1. Manage organizations by providing capability to add, update and delete an organization to WebAdmin and update to Organization admin.
2. Allow a registered person to view donation he/she made and allow to make new donations/payments to an organization.
December 24th , 2015.
1. Added committee management feature for an organization administrator. This will allow add/update/delete committees and add/update/delete positions in a committee and add/update/delete members in a committee.
2. Added document management feature for an organization administrator. This will allow to add/update/delete folders for documents. Also add/update/delete documents in a folder.
3. Added Donation/receivable management feature for an organization administrator. This will allow organization to manage membership, issue yearend tax deduction statement to donors automatically for the contribution they made.
November 5th , 2015.
1. Added ‘Find person’ feature at https://iamakna.com/MyFamily/Find-Person. Now people can search and find people in the database.
2. In the news and obituary, people can upload a pdf or image file if you have the news in that format instead of typing it directly. This give additional flexibility with news and obituary publishing.
3. Added management screens for an organization administrator to affiliate a family or an individual to an organization. This will in turn update the Directory of that organization. Also this will be used to control the security on that organization’s document etc.>
October 16th, 2015.
1. In family ancestry, we changed the color of the son and daughter of the couple listed above. This way by looking at the record, you can see who is the son or daughter in the married couple list. Also put the latest family picture as the family picture icon if there are family pictures for that family. Also we made display little more mobile friendly.
2. Added features to display Article, Blogs, Books, Magazines, Newsletter and Recipes. Now a registered user can add all these and once published it will be visible in the home page. We already published the Magazine ‘Knanayam - ക്നാനായം’ and also the Knanaya book by Mathew Padinjarel and the KCYLNA Newsletter. Go to www.iamakna.com to check this out.
3. New online directory for Dallas KCADFW is published https://iamakna.com/KCADFW/orgdirectory . This now have the ability to list the children in the family and also show the detail about the individuals by clicking on the name like ancestry. The changes made by Dallas members will be immediately reflected here. People can upload pictures and update their information any time. These feature will be added to any organization which sign up in the website. We will still have the old dallas directory listed. Once everyone is moved to new directory, old one will be removed.
September 8th, 2015.
1. Added help to the website. Some of the help are in malayalam for everyone to understand.Made address optional for a family. Many knanaya people in different countries do not know their address. Instead of address, people can select a major city nearby where they live.Family faith can be entered now. The only option are Catholic and Jacobite. These will be show in the family ancestry screen.Personal info and family info can be entered in Malayalam also. Type it in google http://www.google.com/intl/ml/inputtools/try/ and copy and paste to these fields.Removed year selection drop down. Now it can be entered directly.Middle name is added to the member detail.Added option to write family name in malayalam. Many time, it is not easy to write family name exacly in english. The option is not given to public yet, but it will be available soon.August 11th, 2015 - Added spelling Bee practice screen for kcadfw at https://iamakna.com/KCADFW/SpellingBee
August 4th, 2015.
1. Added the News feature. Now any registered user can add a news and publish it to the website. No approval needed. Also added more fields to ancestry disply. Login and see MyInfo page to see more features which are beeing added to the site.
1. Added obituary feature. Now a registered user can add an obitury and publish to webstie. No need to to ask anyone for permission to do this.
1. Added ancestry display screens under 'People Search/Family Ancestry'. Now a registered user can see a family ancestry down based on family name and/or coupls name down.
2. Added more fields to family data screens.
04/04/2015 -- Added required screens to enter family details. A person can create multiple families under www.iamakna.com/Myfamily. This will allow us to create ancestry, people search etc. Added 'Update Death Info' screen under www.iamakna.com/MyInfo menu. A person can update the death date of his/her immediate relatives. Also user can add a profile picture in www.iamakna.com/Profile/MyLogin now. Read the help in 'Add family' screen to learn about how to create families.
03/14/2015 -- Added registration feature to the site. Now all the knanaya person can register and get approved. Most of the new features to the site will require the person to be logged on to this site.
03/12/2015 -- Modified the website to run on https instead of http. This means the communication between user and the server will be encrypted. This will protect the data entered in this site.
02/11/2015 -- Modified the site to display the site in phone and tablets. Now the website should adjust its screen based on the display size.
01/29/2015 -- Added documents feature to the association.
01/17/2015 -- Launched iamakna.com website with Dallas family directory and committee information